Monday 21 July 2014

Kryolan TV Stick Foundation

Kryolan TV Stick has been a HG foundation for me for a number of years. I seem to always go back to it when I branch out and try other foundations. I never use anything else if I'm going out in fear of it not lasting as long and to be quite honest, I just never get as many compliments on my skin as when I'm wearing Tv stick.
Like the name suggests, its a high coverage demi-matte foundation with serious lasting power. It is aimed at oily skin but works fine with my dry, sensitive skin. Usually for day use I draw a few dots on my face and blend out with a buffing brush dampened with either Mac fix + or some light day cream. As of a night, I apply the stick directly to my brush an blend out until its full coverage. I have two full sticks as well as a palette or two of this foundation so I can always match my colour and at less than $50 its much more affordable than others iv tried. 
Here are a few swatches: 
Blended with Max Fix+ & Translucent powder 

 Swatches (Left to right)
NW, IVORY, FOB, OB, GO1, GO2
 Last swatch on right hand side is GO4 (same as image below)

I'll use MAC shades to compare as I think they are the most well known. 
NC15 - FOB
NC25 - OB
NC30 - GO1
NC35 - GO2
NC37 - GO3 (not shown)
NC40 - GO4 (darkest shown
NW & ivory I use under my eyes or as a highlight, if you find yourself too pale for NC15 foundations these colours will be perfect. 

Colour Range: Amazing, very hard to purchase online but in store its incredible
Lasting: 12-18 hrs. Iv worn this bad boy on many a night out and still been pretty flawless the next day
Touchup: Oily skin will require some powder but not much
Setting: I always set my foundation, Ben Nye banana powder or translucent powder work best 
Coverage: Full
Multitasking: Yes, I contour, highlight, conceal and use all over! 

3 comments:

  1. which shades do You use for contouring?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What shade you are wearing in the picture?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I can't seem to find the shade G04 anywhere. Can you help? :)

    ReplyDelete